Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Inefficient ways of listening to music




I feel like a total hypocrite writing this post, because I am currently doing exactly what I am about to talk about not making sense. It is a widely known fact that multitasking is a very inefficient way to work, but most college students multitask while doing homework by listening to music at the same time. Unless this music is classical or jazz with no lyrics, it is proven to make people less efficient because their attention is split between their work and the lyrics of the music. Despite all of this being widely known, it is difficult to find a student sitting alone and doing homework that is not listening to music. To prove this I've just done a little experiment, I looked around at the four students sitting near me in the library and every one of them is listening to music while working. I know this post is a little shorter than usual, but I just can't seem to concentrate, the playlist that I just made on Spotify is really good...

Image Credit: http://education-portal.com/articles/Music_and_the_Brain_Top_Tunes_for_Studying.html   

No comments:

Post a Comment